art in all its forms

art in all its forms

2/20/10

this/discourse/has no/start(middle)nd


WHO?

My name is Nikolai Mahesh Noel.


WHAT?

I get very excited about images then as the excitement subsides, I feel very embarrassed for having been so excited.


WHEN + WHERE?

I have shown work regularly from about 2000, twice at the Trinidad Art Society annual open show very early, then twice again at the Trinity Carnival Foundation building in Woodbrook. 

I showed work at CCA7 for a number of years. My most recent work I have shown either at or through Alice Yard. I have some things I am working on currently and my intention is to show this work at Alice Yard as well.


WHY?

Why did I get into this? I do not know that it is a decision in that way. It did not come up as a career choice. I enjoyed seeing, using and creating images when I was very young, and wanted to keep doing just that. I don’t see it as me deciding to get into art, it would be more like not ignoring a desire.


PLEASE SAY SOMETHING DEEP (ABOUT ART):

[The artist did not respond.]


ANSWER THE QUESTION YOU WANTED ASKED:

[The artist did not respond.]

***
(BTW, WE SHOULD ADD):

Nikolai Noel recently exhibited The Dimming, a series of drawings at Alice Yard. This is what he looks like:
Nikolai Noel at Alice Yard on December 11, 2009. Photos by Andre Bagoo.

FIND out more about The Dimming here . CHECK out Nikolai's blog here .

No comments:

Post a Comment